Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

We moved.

We did it.  We moved.  We packed up everything we owned and moved it 2.9 miles down the road to a new apartment.

And when I say "we", I mean I didn't move a single box.  I packed up and I did a little cleaning, but we had some wonderful family and friends step up and haul everything, alongside my husband, while I was at work.  It was pretty strange to leave one home for work in the morning and return to a different home with all of my things there waiting.  In boxes.  Stacked.  Heaped.  All over.

Moving is the worst.  It really is.  It's so awful to have to box up everything you own, saving all of the daily essentials until the last moment where you will toss them randomly in boxes and bags and hope you remember where they ended up, and then move them to a new place where you will just have to unpack and reorganize everything.

I came home to a ton of boxes everywhere, so very grateful that they were there waiting for me.  I started unpacking the kitchen.  It's right there when you walk in so I figured it was a good place to start.  Also, we have to eat, so we need our kitchen in order.  I was able to get it unpacked and organized fairly quickly, which was great.  Then I realized it was after 9 and I didn't want to do anything else.

Except move the ginormous dresser that is in our new walk-in closet.  I noticed right away that the dresser was put on the opposite wall than it needed to be put on.  This only presented a problem because with the massive size of the dresser and the rest of our bedroom furniture being in place, we couldn't pull the dresser out, flip it around, and get it back in the closet.  So we got creative.  We picked up the dresser on one end, sat it on it's side, and turned the entire thing until it was in the right spot, then we brought it back down.  Genius!  And exhausting.

Have I mentioned how awesome it is that people came and moved my extremely heavy things for me?  Because it really is so awesome.

Before settling into our new home for the night we ran and got a few things that we needed, and we got a couple of large drinks because we were thirsty!  Ayla even got her own big drink {bigger than usual, but smaller than ours} which she totally loved.

I am so excited to be in a new place.  I'm excited about our vaulted ceilings and our 2 bathrooms and the huge laundry room.  I'm excited about our patio!  I'm excited for the next home that we share together and all of the adventures that we have ahead of us.

Yay for new beginnings!

This is the view from our new patio.  Not bad.  We still get those beautiful mountains!
Ayla dipping her fit in the pool.  She can hardly stand that we aren't ALWAYS swimming.  She sits on the patio and stares longingly at the pool.
{A super big thank you to Rick, Debbie, Charity, Jaycee, Scott, Joey, and my amazing husband for moving all of our stuff while I sat in an air conditioned office working my day away!}

1 comment:

  1. Not many things are worse than packing up your life from one place to the next. However, I see you have a pool now, so I guess all things have a silver lining :]

    ReplyDelete