Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Movin' On & Feelin' Crafty.

Over the years I have developed a love for lounging on a patio in the evening.  It's so nice to sit outside and unwind from the day.

The past two years I have not had a patio.  I've lived in basement apartments {which have been wonderful and suited our needs at the time.} and sitting outside in someone's yard that is not your own isn't quite the same as relaxing in your own little space.

Kyle and I decided that it was time to move out of the basement and to a 3rd floor apartment complex.

Our new apartment complex.
We put a lot of thought into this decision.  There was a lot of agonizing.  We really love where we live.  Our landlords {they live upstairs} have been so, so great.  Ayla is going to go through some MAJOR Barbara and Ryan withdrawals.  And the ward {neighborhood church members} has been the best I have experienced since the ward I grew up in.  And it's beautiful being up at the base of the mountains.

But, it's time to move.  We need a little bit more storage space.  And we need to spend a little less on gas.  And it will be a little closer to family.  And we will have vaulted ceilings!  And a fitness center.  And a swimming pool.  And a playground for Ayla.  And a basketball court for Kyle.  And we will have a PATIO!



There are many exciting things about a new place.  But aside from the massive walk-in closet and the two massive bathrooms, I am most looking forward to the patio.  I can't wait to lounge on our patio in the evening, have some ice water or lemonade {maybe a dirty diet coke!}, talk about the day, look at the beautiful mountains, and unwind.  It sounds so dreamy to me.

The only problem is that we don't have any patio furniture.  I have some folding camp chairs, but that's not my idea of cute patio furniture.  So I did what any other red-blooded girl would do and I turned to Pinterest.  It had to be cute.  It had to be unique.  It had to be DIY.  And it had to be CHEAP.  {We are on a MAJOR budget, folks.}

I turned to my trusty board where I have pinned crafts using wooden pallets and I found this beauty:

Isn't this great?!  I am picturing brightly colored pallets and brightly colored cushions and pillows.  I need a little bit more happiness on my patio than is pictured above.

Kyle and I have already started cruising around looking at pallets and planning how we are going to go about accomplishing this.  I am so excited to get crafty and make this little sitting area for our new patio.  Look for a tutorial-type post in the future!

Looking forward to August 1st; a new place and new beginnings!

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment