Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Saturday Afternoon at Bridal Veil Falls.

On Friday afternoon I got a text from my mother-in-law.  It said, "Tomorrow's plan... Leave for canyon about 1 after Brynn's game, for a picnic/walk to Bridal Falls.  Please bring your own hoagies."

Our Friday evening consisted of grocery shopping for picnic items for Saturday and BBQ items for Sunday dinner.  Then we spent the evening watching movies together and staying up way too late.  {I love doing that with my husband.  Getting in bed to chat with him and watch a movie/TV is the best part of the day.}

Saturday morning I slept until 10:30!  It was amazing.  I ate toast with Ayla and we watched the Disney channel.  I made our picnic lunch.  I slowly got ready.  I love slow Saturday mornings.

We met up with the fam and we headed to Provo Canyon.  We parked near Bridal Veil Falls and found a picnic spot.  We all enjoyed our lunches while the kids played around.  Then we walked up to the falls.  The kids fed the fish and played in the water.  We walked back down and headed home.

We made it to Sonic for Happy Hour with 2 minutes to spare and got some drinks to cool us down.  We picked up a pizza and went back to the Lee home for pizza.  We sat outside on the patio, wrapped ourselves in blankets when it got chilly, and talked until 10:30.

Patti, Jodi, and Kacie were in town.  Patti is Debbie's sister.  Jodi and Kacie are her daughters.  Katelin, the other daughter, lives with Deb and is going to school at UVU.  It's so fun to have them here and to visit with them.  Jodi brought her daughter Aftyn.  I fell in love with her.  She is perfect and I secretly have my fingers crossed that I have a little red-headed girl just like her!  {Sorry Kyle!}

We had such a laid-back, easy-going, fun-loving Saturday.  What a wonderful weekend!

Pictures!  {Aftyn overload!}

Brent, Bryanna, her sister, and gma happened to run into us!  This is Bryanna meeting Aftyn.

I begged to borrow this little girl to get my baby fix!
Cutest cousins!  Syd and Ayla, birthday twinners!
Bridal Veil Falls
Bridal Veil Falls
Feeding the fish.
Jaycee is always so patient and helpful with Ayla
They were super far away, thus, poor quality.
Cousins on the bridge!
That belly!
I LOVE these girls!
Ayla adored Aftyn.
She plays with dolls all day.
Aftyn was a real-life doll and she loved it.
Kyle and Aftyn.  {He's gonna be so awesome to have babies with!}

Can you even believe this cuteness?!

No comments:

Post a Comment