Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Thoughtful Girl.

Ayla is a thoughtful girl.

{For those who don't know:  Her name is pronounced "EYE-LUH"}

She is so intelligent.  It is very clear to me that she thinks things over.  A lot.  I love that about her.

She is often concerned for my feelings or for her daddy's feelings.  She is often asking about family members {near and far} and when she can see them, how they are doing, etc.  She doesn't forget anyone.  Or anything.  And I mean REALLY.  This girl's memory is like nothing I have ever experienced.  She remembers every little detail about every little encounter.  So if you've met Ayla and have had a conversation with her, trust me when I say that you are important to her and she thinks of you often.

I know that she is smart.  And I know that she is thoughtful.  And sweet.  And kind.  But sometimes she throws me off with just how sweet, thoughtful, and kind she is.

Yesterday our family was out running errands and we decided to have dinner at In-N-Out.  After we were done eating I took Ayla to the bathroom.  I knew she had to go but wouldn't admit it so I said, "I have to go potty, can you come with me?"  Of course her answer was, "Ummm, SURE!"

I took her hand and we headed off to the bathroom.

She looked up at me and said, "Mom, you're my best friend."
I said, "Ayla, you're my best friend, too!"
She said, "Uh huh.  And thank you for helping me do my sticker puzzle before I ate my food.  I really loved that."

Ayla and I at In-N-Out.


I really love that she thought to thank me for something as simple as putting together an In-N-Out sticker puzzle with her.

After we had left and we were on out way to Walmart she said, "Hey mom?  Thank you for taking me to Walmart with you in your car."
I said, "You're welcome, Ayla.  I love having you in my car."
She said, "Yup.  Can you turn the music down so I can talk to you?  I just can't hear ANYTHING!"

This was the first time she has asked me to turn the music DOWN instead of asking me to turn it up.  She proceeded to talk to me about all kinds of things.  Her dinner, her toys, her clothes, her daddy, Walmart, grandma... You name it.  She was talking my ear off.  And I loved every minute of it.

I love her emotion and the way that she shares that with me.  Even though I don't understand her over-dramatic reactions, I love that she is willing to talk to me about it.  "Mom, you hurt my feelings when you said that I couldn't have that toy and it made me really, really sad!"  I hope that she always feels that she can be open with me and tell me what's "in her heart", as she calls it.  {I may regret saying this when she's 16 and talking my ear off about her feelings.  She's a drama queen, I tell ya.  So not like me and so hard for me to handle!}

I love my super smart, super thoughtful, super silly, super cute little girl.  She is totally 3 going on 30 and I wouldn't have it any other way.


1 comment:

  1. I love this post. She reminds me so much if how Keigan was at that age.

    ReplyDelete