Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Picnic in the park {a quick recharge}

My dear friend Carissa and I make plans from time to time.  We plan and we reschedule and then we cancel and we reschedule.  So on and so forth.  It's what we do.  It works for us.  We go too long without catching up yet we always pick up right where we left off.

Today we met for lunch.  {This was only the 3rd time it had been scheduled, which is good for us.} We met halfway between our places of employment, which happens to be a nice little park on Center Street in Orem.

It's funny how sitting on a Tangled blanket in a park and eating our left-overs and drinking our canned sodas can be one of those recharging moments that I need so badly.

Sometimes you need to discuss your job, your life, your family, friends, and laugh with your dear friend for half an hour.

I always mean to take photos of Carissa or to take a photo of the two of us.  {We had no problem catching a photo between 2007 and 2009.}  Somehow I get too wrapped up in conversation and the next thing I know I am walking to my car and snapping a quick picture of the park.  The pretty green park where I was able to have a mini recharging session. 



We say that we're going to do this weekly.  That probably means we'll be lucky if it happens once a month and that is just fine with me.

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely lunch date :) After we left, I was thinking how we should have taken a picture together, too! {Looks like we aren't quite as conceited as we used to be.. what a shame}

    ReplyDelete