Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The past week...

My mom has officially gone back to Washington. It's strange not having her around. Definitely a lot more boring. Joseph and I had a lot of fun having her here. We ate way too much and we spent a lot of money (mainly my mom spent a lot of money) and we got out of town more than usual! That was really nice. We definitely get stuck in our little bubble here a lot more than we would like.

It was fun to spend time with my mom and go out to Tooele and visit the Shepherd family out there as well as spend some time with Joseph's grandma Clara and his dad Gene. It's nice being close to family, even if we don't see them very much. I'm glad that Joseph actually likes my family, it's very refreshing to have someone who actually enjoys going to visit them and is sad when they are gone. He's asked me when we're going to Washington to visit my family on numerous occasions. I wish we could get up there more! And it's also nice that I like his family. They live a little closer than my extended family so we get to drop in on them a little more often. His grandma Clara is so sweet and always nice to visit with. And Joseph loves getting to visit his dad, even if the visits are short it is always nice to see him. He took Joseph, my mom, and myself out to dinner this past weekend and spoiled us with a delicious meal at Iggy's. Earlier in the week my mom and I went out to dinner with Clara at Applebee's, that was also a fun visit and a good meal.




The top photo is my mom, me, and Clara. The bottom photo is Clara and I.

I hate these pictures because I look AWFUL in them, but they are the only ones we have!

While my mom was here we also got to see my Grandma Gloria (my mom's mom) and my Grandma Ruby (my dad's mom). I haven't seen my grandma's in way too long, even though they both live here in Utah. Like I said, I get stuck in the little bubble here in Provo/Orem.

Overall my mom's trip was really fun. She always spoils us and takes very good care of us when she comes to visit. We'll miss her a ton and we're excited for her visit when the baby comes.

As far as my pregnancy goes I am feeling pretty good. I'm starting to get tired more often again, but I have a feeling the heat has a lot to do with that. I have been taking a lot of naps recently! My stomach is still getting a little bigger every day. And Ayla seems to get more active each day as well. She's definitely taking advantage of all that extra space she has in there to move around. Joseph and I registered at Babies'R'Us the other night and had a lot of fun doing it. It's funny how much we actually enjoy looking at all the baby stuff! I want to buy everything NOW and start setting up her room NOW, but I guess I need to be patient! I'll wait to see what I get at my baby shower and then go from there I suppose. I just get anxious and feel like if I don't do it now I won't have enough time to get everything prepared, which I know is a little ridiculous. I know I still have time! Patience has never been my strong point...

1 comment:

  1. Yay for family visiting! I can't wait to see you at your baby shower (or who knows, even sooner!)

    ReplyDelete