Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Baby crazy!

This past weekend has been a little crazy and a lot of fun. My mom is in town so we have a lot to do. We're always running around doing something! This weekend we got to visit my grandma Durrant (my mom's mom) and my grandma Ruby (my dad's mom), as well as Marilyn, Roger, Scotti, and Haylee. It's always fun to see family. I don't see them enough even though I live in the same state as them. Believe it or not, driving 45 minutes out of Orem is actually a difficult thing for me! We go so wrapped up in our little bubble here that we hardly leave it! I have to say the funniest part about visiting family was watching Nana (My mom's mom) see a laptop for the first time. My mom sat in on her lap to show her a picture and she said, "What is this?" My mom started describing the picture and Nana was like, "But what is this?" Turns out she had no idea what a laptop was. She looked like I would probably look if a UFO landed in front of me and an alien emerged. Joseph and I had to try really hard not to laugh. It was very cute.

This weekend we finally started collecting stuff for the baby. My mom brought me about 5 cute outfits, some bibs, and a blanket. I got my FIRST baby girl gift from Aaron and Megan! It is an adorable pink and white striped polo dress. I can't wait for her to wear it next summer. :)

We also got a crib! I work with a guy who's son has outgrown it and he had it in storage. We got a great deal on a really nice crib. It was really exciting to bring it home and get it all set up. Now I just want to get bedding so that it can look complete! I keep having to remind myself that I'm only 6 months pregnant and I still have time... it's just so much fun!

My mom and I also went shopping on Saturday and I went a little crazy with baby clothes. I probably bought about 8 or 9 onesies, 5 or 6 sleepers, a couple pairs of pants, 2 dresses, and a really cute puffy winter suit. I also got 2 more outfits from Nana as well as a sweet baby blanket. Joseph and I are going to register at Babies-R-Us sometime this week and I cannot wait! My friend Carissa is also starting to plan my baby shower for August. All this baby stuff is so fun!

Ayla's crib:


No comments:

Post a Comment