Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

I was finally able to get a current picture of my belly, though I took it quickly on my break, so it's not the best! I am definitely getting bigger!




I am for sure able to feel the baby now, it's very, very active! I thought I was imagining it, but we had a little scare on Friday and I found out that it's not all in my head.

Friday afternoon at work I went to the bathroom and I noticed that I was bleeding. That is not normal and not good for a pregnant woman. I, of course, freaked out and immediately had Joseph take me to the emergency room. (everything I've read about bleeding during pregnancy says go straight to the ER, better to be safe than sorry.) After 3 hours in the ER, blood tests, listening to the heartbeat, and an ultrasound, the doctor determined that I had just been doing too much physical activity. (I blame the moving we did last week)

It was extremely scary, I cried a ton, but it was really exciting to get to see our baby. (Sorry Mom, we wanted to wait for you to get here! We'll get to see it again when you are here though, so that's a bonus.)

The baby was moving allll over the place. Even doing complete somersaults. It was waving it's arms all over and it's little mouth was moving non-stop. It looked like it was having an intense conversation, but the ultra sound tech said it is just drinking the amniotic fluid.

The baby is developing perfectly, it's bones look good and normal, it weighs 10 ounces like it should, but she said it's measuring a little small, which is nothing to worry about.

It was such a relief to find out that nothing was wrong and that all I needed was to rest a bit. (Although the ER trip took our last $75 and we were broke for the weekend.)

I am half way through my pregnancy now, which is really weird to think about. It's flying by! I was reading some articles online and it's actually possible for a baby to be delivered at 20 weeks and survive! Of course the chances are slim, but it has happened. I hope that I don't have to deal with that, but it's really amazing that there is a tiny person inside of me that is so developed that with help it could survive in the world.

Here are a couple of pictures of a baby girl that was born at 20 weeks and survived. You can see that she is only the size of a pen!




Look at those tiny perfect feet! I cannot believe that people think it's ok to still have an abortion at 20 weeks. That makes me sick to my stomach.
Last week my boss Mark told me about a Doctor in the Midwest who would perform an abortion at any point in the pregnancy, even at 8 months. Last week that doctor was shot and killed in church. Both Mark and I agree that murder is terrible, but on the other hand, that doctor was murdering hundreds of babies. Since his death his clinic has been shut down and no more abortions will take place there. So he lost his life, but it's hard to see that as a bad thing. It's hard to know how to feel about that one.
Anyway, I need to get back to work. It's a normal busy Monday, I always have something to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment