Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Honest to blog?

I have decided that now would be a good time to start a blog, although Joseph strongly disagrees. (Mainly with the fact that I would post pictures of him for everyone to see.)

Right now is an exciting time for us. Joseph is working in Pittsburgh, PA installing alarm systems for Pinnacle Security. He is having a blast. He's always wanted to go to Pittrburgh, and what better a time than when the Penguins, his favorite hockey team, are in the Stanley Cup Playoffs?! I'm having a hard time adjusting to life without him around. During the week I am occupied with work and exhausted in the evenings, but the weekends are when it gets rough! He gets a call from me every Saturday, sometimes Sunday, where I cry and tell him how bored I am and how much I hate taking the bus. He of course feels guilty and says that he'll come home. I, at that point, have to pull myself together and make sure that he stays out there! At least for the summer!

Here's a photo of Joseph driving around in Pittsburgh.


I'm at home in Orem, Utah. I work at Pinnacle Security as well in the corportate office. I work with the Inside Sales team and I love everyday of it. You couldn't pay me to leave right now!
Here's a photo of me and some guys from the Sales team in the box at a UVU baseball game in April.




I'm also 15 weeks and 1 day pregnant! We're very excited to be starting our family, and feeling a little unprepared! Some days it still doesn't feel very real to me, though I have a small bump that seems to get bigger everyday. I think it will feel much more real to me when I have my first ultrasound and finally get to see the little guy (or girl)!
Here's a current picture of my baby belly!




Overall we feel very lucky to be where we are right now. We're excited for the future and I am excited to be blogging about it every step of the way!

p.s. Here is an update of the baby at week 15.





Week 15 of Pregnancy
You might not yet be feeling it, but your baby is kicking those little legs and flexing those elbows, while — higher up — you may be coping with some dental weirdness. Pregnancy hormones are pretty rough on your body, especially the teeth and gums, causing inflammation and making them more susceptible to plaque and bacteria. Your formerly healthy gums may have become super-sensitive and prone to bleeding.In addition, you might be coping with a chronic stuffy nose or even nosebleeds during pregnancy, also brought on by progesterone surging through your system. Fear not — it'll all pass. In the meantime, focus on how much is happening with your baby. She's about the size of an orange this week, her ears have migrated to the sides of her head, and her eyes are moving to the front of her face. Plus, your little smarty-pants can now wiggle her fingers and toes and make breathing movements in preparation for life outside the womb.

1 comment:

  1. Tonja!! I promise Joseph will come around to the blogging world... trust me, i did. And before you know it he will start blogging too haha, yes joseph, you will :). Anyways, we are excited to have another blog to follow. And im really happy for yall and your little family! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete