Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Week 17...

Week 17


How Big is the Baby at 17 Weeks Pregnant?




Your baby is anywhere from 4.4 to 4.8 inches by pregnancy week 17 and weighs almost 3 ½ ounces! If you were to hold your baby at 17 weeks pregnant, she would fit snuggly in the palm of your hand. Your baby is about the size of a small pomegranate by pregnancy 17 weeks.



Your Baby's Growth and DevelopmentYour baby during week 17 is now very mobile, gleefully moving his joints here, there and everywhere and will continue to do so as you continue your pregnancy week by week. The cartilage making up the skeleton in your baby's body is starting to transform into bone. At pregnancy 17 weeks time your baby should be hearing things. Your baby will start putting on some layers of fat in the weeks to come, though at this point in time your baby is made up of primarily water.



You may be feeling your baby move intermittently after pregnancy week 17, though as your pregnancy progresses you will likely start feeling your baby move more and more.
There are many natural health practitioners that believe in the power of touch. Though your little one is still very small, your touch may do much to help him feel safe and warm inside the womb. If you haven't started already, you might consider rubbing your 'pooch' in calming circular motions. This will not only help comfort your little one, but will help initiate the bonding process with you and your newborn baby throughout your pregnancy and after.
Other women find comfort when playing music to their unborn children. There is evidence suggesting that your baby responds to music even while in the womb. Thus, there is no harm in playing some calm and engaging music to your baby even while they are in the womb.


Here's a picture of me in Joseph's PBR shirt... yes a beer shirt. My brother Brandon got it for Joseph, I want to say for Christmas? I'm not sure why... but I took a picture of my pregnant self in it to show Joseph how classy I am :) (Truthfully its one of my most comfortable t-shirts to sleep in because its one of the few big tshirts that I own):



And here is a picture of me (after my haircut) with my kitty Malky:

No comments:

Post a Comment