Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I left my heart in Washington.

This year (like the past 2 years) we have been lucky enough to fly into Seattle Christmas morning to be with my family.

Ayla did well on both flights (to Seattle she was just happy and cute and to Utah she slept the entire flight).

While in Washington we got to:

  • Open presents with family (on my mom's side AND my dad's side)
  • Visit downtown Seattle
  • Enjoy Ivar's clam chowder
  • Drink delicious coffee
  • Eat at Dick's
  • See the Harry Potter exhibit at The Pacific Science Center
  • Eat real Seattle Teriyaki (there is nothing like it in Utah)
  • Spend time with the people I love the most in the state that I love the most.
It seems like we did a lot of eating.  Ooooh boy, did we ever.  My mom made a delicious dinner of Turkey, Roast Beef, Shrimp, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Stuffing, Rolls, etc. on Christmas.  The next day my step mother Syl made an amazing Turkey and they whipped up some homemade eggnog.  And of course I had to visit all of my favorite places to eat and introduce them to Joseph (if he hasn't had them already) all in a quick 3 days!  I need to detox from all the food.  Yikes.

Here are some photos from the visit.  They are mostly from my cell phone because my camera broke a week before Christmas.  OF COURSE.

Ayla excited to get on the plane!




Ayla sitting in Grandpa Kurt's childhood chair, playing with uncle Aaron

She wanted baby Jesus
She found her favorite place at grandma's house
Grandma's present

Relaxing with uncle Chad

Ayla and grandpa John
Ayla and grammy Syl
Seattle!
Grandma and Ayla in the Center House
Joseph, Ayla, and Tonja in front of the snow globe in the Center House
Harry Potter!
The Pacific Science Center
Eating at Dick's after we saw Harry Potter

I wish that I had more photos, I would have hundreds had my camera not been broken!

I can't wait to get back to Washington again.  I am working on a way to be back there in the next 6 months.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment