Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 03 - Your Parents

Day 03 - Your Parents

John Eddie Keene and Melanie Bee Willden.

Our family 1985.


My dad. 

My dad, Ayla, and I November 2009.
I think I am a lot like my dad.  A lot of my defining characteristics are things that I got from my dad.  My love for music (Especially The Beatles.)  My love for animals.  My compassion.  My emotions.  My temper.  My dad is a great person and I am lucky to have so many traits/qualities that reflect him.  Here's a little bit of an email that my dad sent me this year on my birthday, "You know that one of my favorite memories of you is dancing in the living room to The Beatles, "Long and Winding Road"…………one of my other find memories is when you and I were sitting on the couch watching cartoons………I snuck a bite of chocolate, you smelled it and so you sniffed my lips and said, "give me some too!!" :) You were always and still are a good girl."  I love my dad and I feel bad that I don't get to see him and Syl more often.

My dad and Syl.  2003.

My mom. 

My mom and I, August 2010.
I don't even know where to start.  My mom is my role model.  She is the person I look up to the most.  She is strong and brave and smart.  She is the most caring/busy person I know.  I am more and more like her every day with the things I say and do.  Sometimes it makes me laugh sometimes I say, "ARE YOU SERIOUS, I'M TURNING INTO MY MOTHER!"  If there is anyone that I could turn into it would be her.  There's a line in the movie Spanglish that makes me cry every time... "My identity rests firmly and happily on one fact: I am my mother's daughter."

My mom and Kurtis 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment