Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 12.

Day 12 – A photograph of the town you live in.

PROVO, UTAH
Oh, Provo.  We have a love-hate relationship, you and I.  There have been manys days, weeks, and even months, that I have loathed you.  The people.  The scenery.  The absolute lack of culture.  I have wondered time and again how I ended up here...

This morning (Without even knowing this was my subject of the day for my 30 Days of Blogging.) I was driving to work and thinking to myself, "What am I doing in Provo, Utah?"  Generally when I have this thought, and I have it A LOT, I become angry and I think of Washington and family and everything that I love about home.  Not today.

Today I remember that I was not happy at home.  I was in a rut.  I was living a life that I did not want to be a part of.  At all.  I needed a change.  I needed something drastic.

Jump 4 years from that miserable time in my life... Oh I got drastic, alright.

Even though I can't bring myself to call this place home, I am willing to say that I have, at times, found myself content in Provo, Utah.  I do not want to settle here.  I absolutely do not want to raise Ayla here.  I want a great deal more for my life than Provo can offer me.

But days like today remind me that Provo is just what I needed once-upon-a-time.  Provo saved me from a life that surely would have held me back and brought me down in ways that I do not want to think about.

Thanks, Provo.

No comments:

Post a Comment